Greenfield 464XLAT (In January)

Bob Evans bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Thu Jun 11 16:23:22 UTC 2015

I mean marketing/salesman like pitch. When you have something so new and
familiarity is always the desire of the day by IT managers (hence, all the
cisco only fans), it's better to be upfront and pitch it as new and
improved before others decide to call it something else and choose a
different network.

We began with IPv4. Then many of us members at both ARIN and NANOG all
agreed to push IPv6. I looked at all the methods available and decided we
would build native IPv6 network and give the customer both. Soooo, the
networks are separate from each other and provided to customers on via
separate ports. There is no place in our network where you can hop from
IPv6 to IPv4 and visa versa. The customer can install such gear in their
LAN and make routing those decisions at their end. (Now years later, a
very tiny percentage of customers have link on their IPv6 port.) If anyone
complains, it's the customers choice of gear or routing issues at their
end, as nothing in our network is NATed. Thereby, reducing our potential
service labor costs of dealing with a customers understanding of trace
routes in NAT space - and other similar issues that they try to make your
staff's problem.

Thank You
Bob Evans
CTO