Greenfield 464XLAT (In January)

Bob Evans bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Thu Jun 11 14:19:45 UTC 2015

Actually , there is no better audience that I know of to ask this
question. And my information might be more marketing related and hardware
skeptical.

My IPv6 direction choice was much easier than yours. You need to figure
out how to build an IPv4 network today from scratch in a world where the
IPv4 bus ride seats have largely assigned.

When we setup our IPv6 ability, I chose to build a native IPv6 network.
Tunneling and translation devices left me wondering about packet flow at
those gateway points. Aside from verbal sales assurances, I still had the
feeling that under loads these devices would break momentarily or cause
latency issues. For web and email services it's not a big issue. Sure
everyone could show me a twitch game playing well or a video conference
call, but what happens when the device is under load or attacked ? Will
service latency be detected by a cleaver well known gamer ? One that
points to the issue as a flaw that makes others think our network is
unusable for all kinds of services ? Overcome issues like "this ISP forces
you to use IPv6" ? The hardware costs can be small compared to consumer
perceptions marketing dollars. So you might position to pitch upfront your
new world Internet service from day one.

European and Comcast has been implementing NAT 6 related things for years.
My son made me move his connection to the smallest bandwidth DSL on ATT
for his games. However, our Comcast has been fine perfectly for watching
Amazon and Netflix streaming (most of the time).

Thank You
Bob Evans
CTO