Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Jun 10 22:10:39 UTC 2015

On 6/10/15 2:46 PM, Ted Hardie wrote:
> ​That's fair enough, and some variability in what N is depending on
> device is as a well.  But understanding whether what we're actually
> looking for is "static" or "single" is a pretty key piece of the
> requirements scoping, and it sounds like "static" is it, at least from
> your perspective.  Is that a fair assessment?

Ted,

I honestly can't tell if you're deliberately misrepresenting my
argument, or if you're just being dense. You snipped the several places
in my previous message where I stated what I think the best way forward
is. But just in case it's the latter, not the former:

"I think PD is the right answer here of course ..."

"Meanwhile, DHCPv6 + PD solves all of Lorenzo's stated problems, but he
won't implement it because "DHCP." That's not something you can engineer
around."

Doug

--
I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures.
This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does not