Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Jun 10 21:47:41 UTC 2015

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter ;).

When someone shows up with a device that only supports WEP, or doesn't support WPA2-Enterprise, we tell them they need to replace it with a device supporting current standards that provide the minimum level of security we have decided upon for our network policy. When someone shows up with an android device that can't connect to our IPv6 network, we will tell them to replace it with a device that fully supports current standards.

I still find it hard to believe that Google as a corporate entity thinks it is more important to try and force network operators to conform to their ideals for configuration than it is to make android feature equivalent with its competitors.