Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Jun 10 21:23:47 UTC 2015

It would be nice if you were happy to work with people on actually implementing what they are asking for and what their users need as opposed to just methods to try and twist the world to your personal viewpoint.

Or maybe even just merging work somebody already did well over a year ago?

https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/78857/

> Asking for more addresses when the user tries to enable features such as
> tethering, waiting for the network to reply, and disabling the features if
> the network does not provide the necessary addresses does not seem like it
> would provide a good user experience.

Absolutely; having a device incapable of connecting at all is a *much* better user experience. Have you ever met a user 8-/?