most accurate geo-IP source to build country-based access lists

Dave Sparro dsparro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:29:45 UTC 2015

Years ago when meeting with the lawyers to talk about the need to block
access to a list of websites I was coming from the technical side and
talking about how all of our possible solutions were incomplete and easily
circumvented by our users.  The lawyers' response was to explain the
concept of good faith effort.  The main point was that we needed to "do
something."  We'd be in pretty good shape liability-wise as long as we made
an attempt.   Getting back to the point of the question.  I'd find the
cheapest/easiest way to implement a somewhat effective GeoIP block, and say
that you've done something.