Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Tue Jun 9 21:32:23 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Doug Clements <dclements at gmail.com> said:
> If you think this is stupid, look in to the situation for modern WiFi and
> Android.

Haven't bothered to see if there's a bug (since my experience with
Android and Google bug reports was a waste of time), but since my
Android devices (Samsung and LG) upgraded to Lollipop, I no longer have
functioning IPv6 on wifi.  They connect and get an address (with privacy
extensions even), but do not install an IPv6 default route.  They can
talk to local IPv6 devices, but not the Internet.

The phone handles IPv6 over the cell network fine.

This used to work; now we have progress!
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>