eBay is looking for network heavies...

Shane Ronan shane at ronan-online.com
Mon Jun 8 16:09:24 UTC 2015

When I was asked the default BGP timers across three different vendor
platforms as measure of my networking ability during an interview, I
replied saying I'd look them up if needed them.

I was told I didn't understand BGP in enough detail, despite being able to
describe all the steps of BGP session establishment and route exchange.

Certs have ruined the industry.