Verizon FiOS outbound mail TLS problem - Superpages people here?

Ray sixsigma44 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:20:20 UTC 2015

Oh, and the way we narrowed it down was somewhat oblique. Because their logs said a TLS connection was established we had a hard time convincing them it wasn't. They were convinced it was us who was broke.

We had to send them a PCAP and then they ran one and got the same results. We were communicating via their IronPort "secure email" system and I noticed that the Cisco copyright notice on their messages was from 2012. That put me on the path to look at the Cisco release notes. Once I pointed out that they seemed to be a bit behind and there were fixes in later versions, the conversation went in a different direction. :-)