stacking pdu

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Fri Jun 5 21:19:47 UTC 2015

On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, Blake Hudson wrote:
> The fire marshal that regularly inspects our building will cite us if he sees
> an extension cord in use - even temporarily - or sees a temporary power
> tap/surge suppressor connected to another. Meanwhile, in another city, I see
> government and commercial buildings violating these rules for years. Perhaps
> there's some amount of interpretation allowed or some inspectors are more
> aggressive than others.

Every Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) is their own fiefdom.  Although
there are a few model national codes, its the locally enacted law and AHJ
interpretation that rules.

And, yes, the effectiveness and knowledge of AHJs varies greatly. It
wouldn't surprise me if there were some places with no building codes
or inspectors.