stacking pdu

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Fri Jun 5 18:47:47 UTC 2015

Rob Seastrom wrote on 6/4/2015 4:52 PM:
> William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> writes:
>
>> Isn't it against the NEC and the fire code to stack power strips? We
>> all do it, but isn't it against code?
>
> As always, when someone asserts that "X is against code" whether in
> the form of a statement or a question, the proper response is
> "Citation, please!"
>
> -r

The fire marshal that regularly inspects our building will cite us if he
sees an extension cord in use - even temporarily - or sees a temporary
power tap/surge suppressor connected to another. Meanwhile, in another
city, I see government and commercial buildings violating these rules
for years. Perhaps there's some amount of interpretation allowed or some
inspectors are more aggressive than others.

--Blake