Working with Spamhaus

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 23:56:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:28:34 -0400, Jaren Angerbauer
<jarenangerbauer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I work for Proofpoint -- we acquired SORBS back in 2011.

Hint: The Internet has a LONG memory.

The liberal and numerous dropping of "for free" makes me laugh. "You" knew
the tainted nature of what you were buying. Nobody, to this day, places
much trust at all in SORBS. I dare say there isn't anyone on NANOG
(certainly any "long hairs") that haven't had at least one interaction
with SORBS, most likely due to spamtraps; that number drops to almost zero
when you put the word "good" in that sentence. Maybe it's better now under
new management; we (the royal we) moved on long ago.