[BULK] Verizon exiting California

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Jul 31 14:57:09 UTC 2015

I work on E911 systems and the infrastructure that monitors E911 call distribution and integrity. California E911 is part of a nationwide management system operated out of the DC area. California’s E911 exceeds all the mandated reliability requirements. The most problematic part of E911 is cellular call handling, because of geolocation factors that make calls more complex to dispatch. and that part of the system is staying with Verizon. So your claim that E911 “routinely fails…for weeks at a time” isn’t borne out by monitoring records, unless you have some unpublished data to share.

 -mel