Windows 10 Release

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Thu Jul 30 17:02:30 UTC 2015

> Justin,
>
> That's true, but it takes effort for people to either set up a local
> account or change to one, and very few consumers will do that or have.

Wow, then, problem solved, because it's at least twice as hard to get
your Microsoft Account set up, configured, and verified.

The sticky point is that very few consumers will KNOW that they can
avoid the Microsoft account, and most won't take the time to explore
the various options and possibilities.

This isn't an effort thing.  Setting up a local account is fairly
effortless.  It's a matter of the option being hidden away, because it
is in Microsoft's interest to get everyone using the Windows cloud
magic.

... JG