Help with GMail...

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Thu Jul 23 20:25:16 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org> said:
> I am having problems sending email to GMail from my new (< 2 weeks
> old) Linode VPS.

May not be the case here, but I had an issue with my Linode and IPv6
email (not with gmail.com though).  If you just "request IPv6", you get
a single /128 out of a common /64.  The problem is that most people
doing IPv6 anti-spam treat reputation on at least the /64, not
individual /128s.

You can request a /64 from Linode, no additional charge.  I switched to
using my own /64, and I haven't had any issues since.  I use Lynx to
look things up in Google sometimes, and was also periodically getting
blocked from that (with a captcha!).  Since switching to my own /64, I
haven't had any issue there either.

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>