SIP trunking providers

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Mon Jul 20 13:21:17 UTC 2015

> Why not set up a small Asterisk box in a local datacenter and only trunk =
> out the non-local calls?

And do what with the local calls, then?  You're still left with the
problem of getting calls to and from the PSTN.

Not everyone wants to deal with the hassle of dealing with POTS or T1
gatewaying.  In general, it isn't practical to do on a small scale any
more, especially as one looks forward a few years to the inevitable
dismantling of the legacy POTS network.

... JG