Possible Sudden Uptick in ASA DOS?

Eddie Tardist edtardist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 23:00:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Christoph Blecker <cblecker at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The bug that this crash impacts is in ASA was introduced in 9.1(4.3)
> and fixed in 9.1(5.1) and later. Are you inside the affected version
> range? If not, it's not the bug being discussed here. If so, you may
> wish to upgrade.

Which is the bug being discussed here? I am still in the dark. No, I am not
in the affected range, the only bug I am aware related to proto 132 is back
from 2013 and I don't suspect it's the same bug by reading the advisory
(however it's the same problem, crashing system). This is why I am blindly
looking for clues. Proto 132 is a correlation I made and assumed but not
clear at all. If you are talking about any other bug please clarify or
point me for further readings, I am still looking for a reaction.

Thanks.