Hotels/Airports with IPv6

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Jul 10 22:08:15 UTC 2015

There is most certainly a cost to IPv6, especially in a large, complex deployment, where everything requires acceptance testing. And I'm sure you realize that IPv6 only is not an option.  I agree that it would have been worth the cost, which would have been just a small fraction of the total. The powers that be chose not to incur it now. But we did deploy only IPv6 gear and systems, so it can probably be turned up later for that same incremental cost.

-mel via cell