Possible Sudden Uptick in ASA DOS?

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:46:41 UTC 2015

I would say it depends on the complexity and probability of it happening
accidentally.  An incorrect letter (language change perhaps) in a URL that
crashes a web server might not be malicious.  A crafted ESP or ISAKMP packet
that was created in a Linux packet tool and 'randomly' hits your VPN I'd say
is no accident.  I agree with Jared, patch your stuff when the PSIRTs come
out.  But whether or not you're patched, if you're attacked, that person
still is breaking the law.  Think about leaving your car somewhere with the
door open and keys in ignition.  Someone steals it.  They're still a
criminal, even though you made their 'job' as easy as possible.

Chuck