Hotels/Airports with IPv6

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:35:55 UTC 2015

On Thursday, July 9, 2015, Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org> wrote:

> I working on a large airport WiFi deployment right now. IPv6 is "allowed
> for in the future" but not configured in the short term. With less than
> 10,000 ephemeral users, we don't expect users to demand IPv6 until most
> mobile devices and apps come ready to use IPv6 by default.

1. Users will never demand ipv6. They demand google and facebook. So that
road goes nowhere

2.  What data do you have that most devices and apps are not default-on /
ready for ipv6.  My guess is most devices carried by airport users
will accept and use ipv6 address, and most used destinations (google, fb,
netflix, wikipedia, ....) use ipv6

CB