Debian RWHOIS

Jeff Walter jwalter at weebly.com
Wed Jul 8 22:12:47 UTC 2015

Few years back I wrote an RWHOIS daemon for HE and because of that got put
in touch with Mark Kosters, one of the RWHOIS RFC authors. Without mincing
words he basically told me RWHOIS was dead. Honestly, unless you have a
specific reason to use RWHOIS (privatizing records as allowed by ARIN
policy) your best bet is to programmatically update the info on ARIN using
their API. I wouldn't even both emailing SWIP updates if you want to go the
route of automatic updates since I would guess that system will be retired
in favor of the RESTful API.

Jeff Walter