United Airlines is Down (!) due to network connectivity problems

Geoffrey Keating geoffk at geoffk.org
Wed Jul 8 21:31:59 UTC 2015

Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> writes:

> UA, WSJ /and/ NYSE all in the same day?
>
> Once is an accident;  twice is a coincidence...
>
> Three times is enemy action.

Or common factors.

In this case, I think it's probably enough to point out it's the first
Tuesday of the fiscal year.  For a 24x7 organization, early Tuesday
morning is a good time to do updates; you have support staff available
for the rest of the week if anything goes wrong, you can do final
planning, checks, and preparation during the day Monday, and it's
usually one of the lowest usage times.