Possible Sudden Uptick in ASA DOS?

Mark Mayfield Mark.Mayfield at cityofroseville.com
Wed Jul 8 16:58:24 UTC 2015

Come in this morning to find one failover pair of ASA's had the primary crash and failover, then a couple hours later, the secondary crash and failover, back to the primary.

Another pair running the same code had the primary crash and fail in the same time window.

So, three crashes in 4 hours in our environment.

Open a TAC case on one of these for post-mortem analysis, and they interpreted the crash dump to point at a DOS bug first published in Oct.

The very interesting thing; on the phone the TAC engineer said this was "the 10th one of these I've dealt with this morning".

Here's the bug they reference:
https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul36176/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Anyone else have observations to add on this?

Mark Mayfield
City of Roseville - AS 54371
Network Systems Engineer

2660 Civic Center Drive