Dual stack IPv6 for IPv4 depletion

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Wed Jul 8 15:59:26 UTC 2015

Greg,

After investigating what a previous poster said about Cisco and Juniper, I'm getting the feeling that not all major impediments to running MPLS over IPv6-only networks have been addressed.

Your comment mentions LDP IPv6 support.  Do you now handle all the major gaps identified the the IETF MPLS IPv6 Gap Analysis (RFC7439) from this last January?

It seems like their are still gaps in the MPLS spec itself before IPv6 has parity with IPv4 in MPLS.

 -mel beckman