Attending NANOG65 question

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sun Jul 5 20:59:16 UTC 2015

> On Jul 5, 2015, at 4:22 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>
> folk needing complex or difficult visas need long lead time.  and they
> tend to need the registration and letter of invitation.  in this case,
> canada is not all that much easier to get in to than the states.  ietf
> is also working on improving this issue.
>
> randy

One of my frustrations with the NANOG website is it’s very PC oriented in how to navigate around it.  The links are small and sometimes a bit obtuse, much like the posters on the list.

There’s generally not a big “register here” link, nor is the agenda featured prominently during the conference on the page.

OTOH, RIPE seems to have this done well.  I visit the site, it shows me the agenda for $today() and the outcome is easy to interpret regardless of the device in-use.

I can still (attempt to) register for NANOG64 if you navigate to the right part of the site, but there’s no clear “Registration will be open X” date.  There seems to be no reason why I couldn’t pay now for the meeting, unless the transition from AMSL is still ongoing.

- Jared