Now that's an odd failure mode...

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Sat Jan 31 05:37:28 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Chris Hartley <hartleyc at gmail.com> said:
> At OARNet, the leading cause of aerial fiber outages was squirrels,
> followed closely by weather, distantly by angry farmers and once in Akron,
> random gunfire...  At OSU, the leading cause of fiber outages is squirrels,
> followed distantly by fire.

What about the random moron trying to steal copper wire from the pole
(and getting glass instead)?

> Don't squirrels go back to their stash?  Could a squirrel get through that
> hole, or were those just a lost stash?

Eh, if the number of small oak trees I find sprouting in my flower beds
is any indication, the squirrels' brains are smaller than the acorns and
they forget where they left them.
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>