IPv6 allocation plan, security, and 6-to-4 conversion

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Jan 30 17:14:29 UTC 2015

Tore,

   Um, haven't you heard that we are out of IPv4 addresses? The point of IPv6 is to expand address space so that the Internet can keep growing. Maybe you don't want to grow with it, but most people do. Eventually IPv4 will be dropped and the Internet will be IPv6-only. Dual-stack is just a convenient transition mechanism.

 -mel