Recommended wireless AP for 400 users office

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jan 30 16:19:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Manuel Marín <mmg at transtelco.net> wrote:
> I was wondering if you can recommend or share your experience with APs that
> you can use in locations that have 300-500 users. I friend recommended me
> Ruckus Wireless, it would be great if you can share your experience with
> Ruckus or with a similar vendor.  My experience with ubiquity for this type
> of requirement was not that good.

Hi Manuel,

At 300-500 users you may still be in dd-wrt territory with the lack of
smart roaming and self-healing features mitigated by a price that
makes it practical to simply deploy more access points. Dumb roaming
can be good enough when the user count per AP is low.

Aruba it is not, but I had a 150 user deployment on 5 dd-wrt APs that
was largely trouble-free.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us