Recommended wireless AP for 400 users office

Ray Soucy rps at maine.edu
Thu Jan 29 13:11:54 UTC 2015

Just curious.  What kind of problems have you seen with the Ubiquiti solution?

I've had a few units in for testing a potential managed wireless for
rural libraries and so far they've been pretty rock solid for the
price.  My biggest critique is that they don't support many features
and are fairly static, so you really need to map out your deployment
and handle power level and channel selection manually.  That said the
test deployments I have going are very, very small.

--
Ray Patrick Soucy
Network Engineer

T: 207-561-3526
F: 207-561-3531

MaineREN, Maine's Research and Education Network
www.maineren.net