look for BGP routes containing local AS#

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Jan 28 13:27:40 UTC 2015

It used to be the case that looped routes didn't even show up as
hidden routes, because Junos discarded them even from Adj-RIB-In,
although this may have changed at some Junos version.

Also, Junos won't even advertise such looped routes to a neighbor with
the same AS by default, so in many cases you won't see it at all if
you are peering with a Juniper unless it is specifically configured to
send these looped routes with advertise-peer-as, or change the AS
number with as-override.