look for BGP routes containing local AS#

Song Li refresh.lsong at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:45:38 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Recently I studied the BGP AS path looping problem, and found that in
most cases, the received BGP routes containing local AS# are suspicious.
However, we checked our BGP routing table (AS23910,CERNET2) on juniper
router(show route hidden terse aspath-regex .*23910.* ), and have not
found such routes in Adj-RIB-In.

We believe that the received BGP routes containing local AS# are related
to BGP security problem. Hence, we want to look for some real cases in
the wild. Could anybody give us some examples of such routes?

Thanks!

Best Regards!

--
Song Li