REMINDER: Leap Second

Ken Chase math at sizone.org
Sun Jan 25 17:26:27 UTC 2015

I think devices would likely be fine, unless they're concerned with reconciling
a leap-second updated ntp source and one that's not. Who wins?

For most NTPs I would guess they're slaves to whatever feed and just 'believe'
whatever they're told. (Sounds like a security hole waiting for high frequency
trader types, q.v.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/3/4798542/whats-faster-than-a-light-speed-trade-inside-the-sketchy-world-of
)

Can't we just subscribe to a leapsmeary NTP feed if we care to have no
big leap (I dont mind)? Isnt NIST offering this?

/kc

--
Ken Chase - math at sizone.org Toronto