[request]: host a probe for v6 measurements

Bajpai, Vaibhav v.bajpai at jacobs-university.de
Mon Jan 19 13:33:57 UTC 2015

Dear NANOG,

We are currently looking for volunteers in US with native IPv6 lines
to help us in our v6 measurement research.

<——------ Background
We are interested in measuring IPv6 performance from home. As part
of the LEONE project [1], we have developed measurement tests that
compare performance over IPv4 and IPv6 to: a) Dual-stacked websites
and b) YouTube content delivery network (in collaboration with Aalto
University). The tests comes bundled with a LEONE SamKnows probe.

[1] http://www.leone-project.eu

We currently have ~25 Vantage points (VP). Each VP runs a Leone
SamKnows probe. The google map [2] shows where these probes are
deployed. As you can see the VP sample is too small (nothing in
North America)

[2] http://goo.gl/TL4woP

<——------ Request:
If you receive native IPv6 at home (or know someone who does), it
would be great if you can host a LEONE SamKnows probe for us. The
probe will run standard SamKnows tests [3] and our IPv6 tests.

[3] https://www.samknows.com/tests-and-metrics

We prefer measuring from home networks, but are also open to
deploying probes within research/academic networks, business
lines, or operators labs.

<-------- Action:
Let me know if you’re interested, and I can share details on how to
get the probe to you. We only have limited number of LEONE SamKnows
probes. We will process the requests on first come first serve basis.

<-------- Research Impact.
a) Measuring YouTube from Dual-Stacked Hosts
  Saba Ahsan, Vaibhav Bajpai, Jörg Ott, Jürgen Schönwälder
  Passive and Active Measurement Conference (PAM 2015),
  New York, March 2015.

b) Measuring TCP Connection Establishment Times of Dual-Stacked Web Services
  Vaibhav Bajpai, Jürgen Schönwälder
  9th International Conference on Network and Service Management, (CNSM 2013)
  Zürich, October 2013.

8<——-- Thanks.
Thank you so much for helping us in our research activity.

Best, Vaibhav

Vaibhav Bajpai

Research I, Room 91
Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (CNDS) Lab
School of Engineering and Sciences
Jacobs University Bremen, Germany

www.vaibhavbajpai.com