Recommended L2 switches for a new IXP

Stephen R. Carter stephen.carter at gltgc.org
Thu Jan 15 14:47:51 UTC 2015

We always adhere to JTAC:
http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB21476&actp=SUBSCRI
PTION unless otherwise required by their support to change.

Currently it is Junos 13.2X51-D26.

My advice to you is to not use 14.1 unless you have a reason, as that is
more of a dev branch in terms of stability than anything.

We use VRRP, OSPF, MC-LAG, and so forth. Nothing super fancy.

Stephen Carter | IT Systems Administrator  | Gun Lake Tribal Gaming
Commission
1123 129th Avenue, Wayland, MI 49348
Phone 269.792.1773