discussing how to stop hacking is hacking which is now racketeering

Ken Chase math at sizone.org
Wed Jan 14 20:08:48 UTC 2015

http://blog.erratasec.com/2015/01/obams-war-on-hackers.html

Therefore, immediate end of this thread? Are all subscribers to this list now
to be inconvenienced at airports? (Sorry, my bad.)

Do we all need a CCNP Security-multipass to log into IRC now?  Which channels
are now a good idea to avoid? #linux? #bitcoin? #nanog? #obamasucks?
#blacklivesmatter?  (in Canada #idlenomore is similar and equally targetted by
Palantir/Tempests as the latter was).

What constitutes racketeering in 'communication'? Membership on a mailing list
or just reading a webpage?

[ This week I was investigating a colleague's website, so I ran dig(1) in a
bash terminal in putty - she saw a text terminal, and exclaimed "Wait, stop, are
you hacking my website?!" I blame Sandra Bullock and to a lesser extent Carrie
Ann Moss (and the nmap crew, esp. for using actually-plausible toolsets/techniques). ]

This is an age old game, but the ante has just been upped. Our industry should
respond to this.

/kc
--
Ken Chase - math at sizone.org Toronto Canada