DDOS solution recommendation

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Mon Jan 12 20:17:36 UTC 2015

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015, Mike Hammett wrote:

> I know that UDP can be spoofed, but it's not likely that the SSH, mail,
> etc. login attempts, web page hits, etc. would be spoofed as they'd have
> to know the response to be of any good.

Okay, so I'm curious.  Are you saying that you do not automatically block
attackers until you can confirm a 3-way TCP handshake has been completed,
and therefore you aren't blocking sources that were spoofed?  If so,
how are you protecting yourself against SYN attacks?  If not, then you've
made it quite easy for attackers to deny any source they want.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442