Recommended L2 switches for a new IXP

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Mon Jan 12 13:07:48 UTC 2015

I look forward to this thread.

I think one important thing is who is your addressable market size? I'm working with a startup IXP and there's only 20 carriers in the building. A chassis based switch would be silly as there would never be that many people present. 2x 1U switches would be more than plenty in their environment.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com