DDOS solution recommendation

David Hofstee david at mailplus.nl
Mon Jan 12 08:29:59 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

About trying to hit the mail ports... It is very easy for a domain to set its MX to a random host name. So before you block you might want to check the To-domain in the header of the mail. Otherwise it is too easy to DoS yourself (by planting email addresses in systems, such as mine, and then changing the MX of that domain to your hosts).

David Hofstee

Deliverability Management
MailPlus B.V. Netherlands (ESP)