DDOS solution recommendation

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Sun Jan 11 13:51:59 UTC 2015

On 11 Jan 2015, at 20:46, Mike Hammett wrote:

> Enough people blackhole the attacking IPs, those IPs are eventually
> going to have a very limited view of the Internet.

TCAMs have limits.

Not all networks practice anti-spoofing.

Not all networks have any visibility whatsoever into their network
traffic.

Not all networks have security teams.

Again, it would probably be advisable to do some reading before you
start telling those of us who've been working on this set of problems
for the last couple of decades that it's simple, and that we don't know
what we're doing.