DDOS solution recommendation

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Sun Jan 11 13:24:55 UTC 2015

On 11 Jan 2015, at 20:07, Mike Hammett wrote:

> but I'd think that if their network's abuse department was notified,
> either they'd contact the customer about it issue or at least have on
> file that they were notified.

Just because we think something, that doesn't make it true.

;>

> The way to stop this stuff is for those millions of end users to clean
> up their infected PCs.

You may want to do some reading on this topic in order to gain a better
understanding of the issues involved:

<https://app.box.com/s/4h2l6f4m8is6jnwk28cg>

Some of us have been dealing with DDoS attacks for a couple of decades,
now.  If it were a simple problem, we would've solved it long ago.

Here's a hint: scale alone makes any problem literally orders of
magnitude more difficult than any given instance thereof.