Google's Safe Browsing Alerts for Network Administrators

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Jan 9 01:37:21 UTC 2015

My problem with Google's "Safe Browsing" alerts is that from the admin
side they rarely are useful/useable.  They make a big loud noisy
complaint without ANYTHING to substantiate what the issue is to
correct it.  You're left searching your own site trying to figure out
what in the heck it's complaining about.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com> wrote:
> I want to make this forum aware of Google's "Safe Browsing Alerts for
> Network Administrators" (https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/alerts/).  I've
> had a link to their diagnostic page for several years
> (https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=AS:####&hl=it-it, where
> #### is your ASN), but I didn't know that Google actually had a way to alert
> ASN owners of new incidents.  I checked NANOG's archive and haven't ever
> seen it mentioned, so I thought there might be more like me that weren't
> aware.
>
> And while I'm on the subject, I want to make people aware of somewhat
> related service by ShadowServer
> (https://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Involve/GetReportsOnYourNetwor
> k).
>
> Frank