MPLS VPN design - RR in forwarding path?

Marcin Kurek notify at marcinkurek.com
Thu Jan 1 10:46:23 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Thank you for insightful answers.

I was thinking mostly about the second scenario Chuck mentioned - where
some traffic naturally flows through the routers that are the RRs
because of MPLS LSP. Setting next-hop-self on all reflected routes would
be misconfiguration IMHO.

I am also aware of products like vMX or CSR1000v/XRv and the example
given by Saku makes me more interested in licensing/pricing options.

Regards,
Marcin