content regulation, was Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Sat Feb 28 05:42:23 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 11:32:23PM -0000, John Levine wrote:
[...]
> With the "legal content" rule, I expect some bottom feeding bulk
> mailers to sue claiming that their CAN SPAM compliant spam is legal,
> therefore the providers can't block it.

Yeah...  I've had a recurring nightmare for a while now.

There are spammers that skate on the edge of "legal."  Since they're
legal, I can't drop their traffic anymore -- and they start filling my
transit pipes.

Then, they force me to privately peer with them...

             ...and then sue me to get bigger pipes...

But hey -- at least it's neutral, so that's good.