What is lawful content? [was VZ...]

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 23:49:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick at ianai.net> wrote:
> Things like KP are obvious. Things like "adult" content here in the US are, for better or worse, also obvious (legal, in case you were wondering).

I would prefer they replace use of the phrase "lawful internet
traffic";   with   "Internet traffic not prohibited by law  and not
related to a source, destination, or type of traffic prohibited
specifically by provider's conspiciously published terms of service."

The use of the phrase "LAWFUL"  introduces ambiguity,  since any
traffic not specifically authorized by law could be said to be
unlawful.

Something neither prohibited nor stated to be allowed by law is by
definition.... Unlawful as well....

--
-JH