Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Fri Feb 27 20:53:37 UTC 2015

"My point is that the option should be there, at the consumer level."

Why?  What's magical about symmetry?  Is a customer better served by having
a 5mbps/5mbps over a 25mbps/5mbps?

"There are so many use cases for this, everything from personal game
servers to on-line backups, that the lack of such offerings is an
indication of an unhealthy market."

Until we get NAT out of the way, this is actually much harder to leverage
than you might think.  I don't think there is anything special about
symmetrical bandwidth, I do think upstream bandwidth usage is going up and
will continue to go up, but I don't see any evidence in actual performance
stats or customers sentiment to show that it's going up as fast as
downstream demand.

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum