Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Fri Feb 27 20:42:17 UTC 2015

'"Normal" is whatever the user normally tries to do.'

That's simply not a realistic definition.  There's no way to determine what
a consumer will want to do before they sign up for the service.  For that
matter, it's impossible to determine what a customer will want 2 years
after they've signed.  Further, its impossible to understand what is normal
without spying on your customers.

'"Reasonable" is
whatever the user is willing to pay for. Any mismatch between the two
finds its error in your marketing department.'

Reasonable pricing is what the market will bear as always, but what the
market will bear versus what customers *expect* often greatly diverge.
Anyone who wants to pay for a direct connection to a Tier 1 of their choice
with SLAs can do so, but that's not that doesn't happen.

'Seems like a competitive service provider focused on meeting that
customer population's needs would do well. Any notion what has
prevented that from happening?'

They *are *the alternative operator in this market.  What's keeping anyone
else from doing it better is that it's more expensive than customers will
pay to "do it better".

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum