Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Fri Feb 27 19:30:24 UTC 2015

Daniel,

Well, I wouldn't call using the mean a "myth", after all understanding most
customer behavior is what we all have to build our business cases around.
If we throw out what customers use today and simply take a build it and
they will come approach then I suspect there would fewer of us in this
business.

Even when we look at anomalous users we don't see symmetrical usage, ie top
10% of uploaders.  We also see less contended seconds on their upstream
than we do on the downstream.  These observations are based on ~500k
residential and business subscribers across North America using FTTH
(mostly GPON), DOCSIS cable modems, and various flavors of DSL.

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum
(678) 507-5000