Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Feb 27 16:34:37 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Michael O Holstein
<michael.holstein at csuohio.edu> wrote:
> Just think of all that innovation and investment that's been "stifled" over the last 50 years under Title II.
> Anyone remember having to "rent" their rotary phones from AT&T?

No, but I remember in the late '90s AT&T demanding I mail them back
the rotary phones that my grandmother had rented for 30 years.

The bigest telcos were the architects of their own grief on Net
Neutrality. No one should feel sorry for them.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman at meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> (As far as I can tell, Verizon has not played games with favoring their own
> content - for all intents and purposes, they operate FIOS as a common
> carrier - no funny throttling, no usage caps, etc.)

Throttled Netflix to unusability while selling FIOS TV? Still have
much of their settlement-free peering choked hard while "paid peering"
folks sail on by? Verizon is easily the worst offender.

Regards,
Bill "loving those 100ms pings" Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us