Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

David Miller dmiller at tiggee.com
Fri Feb 27 16:22:44 UTC 2015

<snark>This PR reminds me of a story I heard about a few telegraph
operators in the early 1930s.  Mr. Nathan 'Nat' Flax and Mr. Hu Toob
were telegraph operators for the mighty VerizonTelegraph Corporation.
Misters Flax and Toob were able, through natural abilities and long
practice, able to send telegraph messages faster than any other
operators.  They could dance their telegraph keys so fast that other
operators, with lesser skills, could not reliably receive their
messages.  The VerizonTelegraph Corporation could have upgraded the
skills of all of their operators to be able to receive these messages
and then advertise their faster telegraph transmission speeds as a
benefit to their customers.  However, facing no competitive pressure for
faster telegraph transmission speeds, the VerizonTelegraph Corporation
decided instead to gum up the keys of Flax and Toob using inferior oils,
sand, and bubblegum.  Thus telegraph transmission speeds were slowed and
the VerizonTelegraph Corporation went on to be the most successful
telegraph company in the land today.</snark>

-DMM