[j-nsp] draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ipv6-16

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 00:44:25 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Adam Vitkovsky <Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk>
wrote:

>  Alright so would you mind sharing the business drivers that would make
> you migrate your current production infrastructure to this new unproven
> possibly buggy LDPv6 and 4PE/4VPE setup please?
>

> adam

Businesses bigger than me think there is a business driver for IPv6:

http://meetings.ripe.net/ripe-54/presentations/IPv6_management.pdf
http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/WorldIPv6Congress-IPv6_LH-v2.pdf

IPv6 management of equipment is relatively easy. Once you've started down
that path, you start looking at the protocol stuff, and wondering what to
do about that.

Maybe I should leave it alone until the business people figure it out for
me :-)

Tim:>